Home

Friday, September 17, 2010

Michael Vick gets his first start since 2006

So Michael Vick is the Man in Philly.  I've got to say I am pretty excited about this.  Not because he is on my fantasy team (I'll get into his value in a minute), but because it is truly a story of someone who lost everything and got it all back.  I don't condone what he did one bit.  Hey, he did his team and, in the eyes of the law, he is a free man.  I think the Eagles showed a lot of guts by giving him a second chance.

Anyway. Enough moral high ground talk.  Let's get to it.  I LOVE Michael Vick this week.  Mobility, a good arm, some great targets and a terrible defense.  He's not going to be a Captain Checkdown.  And, I highly doubt that the Pussycats (ehm...Lions) are going to put that much pressure on him.  Look for him to be aggressive, throwing the ball at guys like Jeremy Maclin, Brent Celek, and watch out if he connects on a DEEP one with DeSean Jackson.  Not to mention, he has LeSean McCoy out of the backfield. Oh, and did I mention, he can RUN!!!  He put up 21 fantasy points according to ESPN standard scoring in the second HALF last week.  What more could you ask for? Look for a BIG week from him.  Let's not forget folks, when Kolb comes back, he will be the #2 again, but he is playing for, perhaps, his last big contract. 

No comments:

Post a Comment